Friday, July 11, 2008

Review: Kiss Me Mascara


I recently tried a sample tube of Kiss Me, a mascara product which coats your lashes with "tubes" instead of paint. It claims to be completely flake and smudge-proof, and is removed with lots of water and a slight bit of pressure. The tubes slide off onto your hands.


I gave this about 5 tries, and I was pretty impressed. The look is pretty basic (I prefer a more volumizing mascara but I do see that they make one), it didn't really lengthen but just darken the lashes and give that 'mascara' look (not a bad thing).


It truly did not smudge at all, but if I rubbed my eyes sometimes small pieces of the tubes would come off. Plus my lashes felt strange, like stiff rubber. But no raccoon eyes! Really! As promised, the tubes were easily removed with water and pressure, and I didn't lose any lashes when they came off (I had an unfounded fear of this).


If I want a more dramatic look, I stick with one of my old favourites. But now, every time I need to get through a long, hot Toronto summer day, I pick up Kiss Me instead. Available at Delineation near Yonge and Eglinton, and Sephora.

No comments: